An operational assessment will compare how an organization intends to be operating against their actual performance, pointing out the things that distract and divert staff and board attention from successfully executing their strategy.
Your organization might benefit from an operational assessment if:
- You’re preparing for strategic planning.
- Your strategic plan execution has stalled, and results are inconsistent.
- Your organization has recently hired someone for a key leadership role or added a new service or program.
- Your organization is planning to or recently merged programs, services, or in totality with another entity.
- Your organization plans a major collaboration that will dramatically impact your operations.
(Learn more about these five reasons to “check under the hood” of your organization.)
We offer three types of operational assessments to best suit your organization’s needs:
Operational Assessment Audit: This tool involves a detailed look “under the hood” of your organization to uncover issues that are either existing pain points or have the potential to escalate.
Operational Assessment Audit + Analysis: Once the assessment is complete, nonprofits may further benefit from a solutions-oriented action plan to address the root cause(s) of their challenges and resulting barriers. At this level, the operational assessment will help determine whether the organization has the capability and capacity to successfully implement these solutions, and if not, craft a roadmap for getting there.
Operational Planning Workshop: This can help your organization uncover its capability and capacity to successfully deliver results through a major partnership. In the process, you’ll learn to infuse these abilities into your organization’s DNA to prepare you to become a partner of choice for future opportunities.