Strategic Partner, Operational Performance & Innovation
DeVon is a veteran consultant with decades of experience and a passion for guiding cross-functional teams toward scaled improvement, creative problem solving, and enterprise transformation. She is a change management professional and leadership coach with expertise in Strategic Planning, Operational Performance, Project Management and Executive Development. DeVon has more than 25 years of experience across the private and public sectors, from Fortune 100 to mid-sized companies and government—federal, state, and local. She has led complex, organization-wide process improvement initiatives, strategic planning efforts, and advised on organizational policy and legislative influence. She has held strategist roles, from advising international trade negotiations on behalf of U.S. ag producers to providing oversight for trade zone pricing for one of the largest auto makers in the world and leading the creation of a city strategic planning process that has been modeled by other U.S. cities.
DeVon also brings expertise in designing and implementing professional development programs and building staff capability. She is passionate about coaching leaders on personal branding, leveraging strengths, leadership advancement and career direction. Her strongest competency is mediating tough conversations around sensitive issues. DeVon holds a B.S. in Agriculture, a Master’s in Agricultural Economics with a focus in Agri-business, Marketing and Finance from the University of Missouri-Columbia. She is certified in Strategic Planning, Project Management and Six Sigma Greenbelt.
DeVon is a veteran officer of the U.S. Army and currently serves on the board of directors for Louisville Girls Leadership, as co-chair of operations; board of trustees for Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest; and CEO of Ascension Strategies. She is known for her thoughtful approach to listening and insightful takeaways that help clients succeed.
Credentials & Qualifications
- 25+ years combined military, federal, state, and local government leadership experience
- Proven ability to lead operational development initiatives to increase competitive market position and build the internal capability of an organization
- Adept at process transformation – identifying process inefficiencies and sources of loss, and implementing resolution activities using cross-functional resources to eliminate them
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of policy and strategy formulation, implementation, and evaluation
- Professional experience in directing social programs, operational systems, and enterprise-level initiatives
- 20+ years enterprise-level project portfolio management experience
- 9 years certified Six Sigma Greenbelt and Strategic Planning Professional
- 4+ years combined export/import trade policy evaluation and negotiation experience—federal, state, and private sector
- 4 years Certified Project Director and Project Manager Trainer; with 20+ years project management, board leadership and/or membership experience
Read DeVon’s blog posts:
“What Moves Us Forward” – June 15, 2023
“Five Reasons to ‘Check Under the Hood’ of Your Organization” – March 21, 2023